
A man from India has married a dog to atone for viciously murdering several dogs 15 years earlier. After the murders, bad luck befell the man and a theologian told him that the only way to stop the bad luck in by marrying a canine.
No one can say if it was love at first sight, but the man married a stray in a religious ceremony. They always say a dog is mans’ best friend. I guess this guy is just taking it to the next level.
Still, I must say that this relationship seems like it’ll be totally one-sided. Assuming the dog isn’t an actor like Lassie or Air Bud, I would assume the primary financial burden falls on the man. The dog, most likely, can’t do any household chores, except for maybe cleaning the dishes with its tongue, which I can’t assume is too sanitary. Plus, this man will always be trying to be good to the dog as atonement for his murder of the other dogs, however, the dog will have no real reason to treat his partner any better than normal.
Maybe this man is looking at this as a prison sentence, I don’t know how old a dog has to be to marry in India, I’m assuming at least 3, but the dogs life expectancy after living in the wild can’t be more than 10/11 more years. He’ll be around 40 at that time, and maybe the man can then find a non-canine partner to share the rest of his life with.
I have one final question, he married a female dog, but if he married a male dog, would that make him gay? Does the dogs sex make a difference in this situation, I can’t imagine it would, I mean we can only hope that this man/dog relationship will be completely plutonic. Everyone knows male dogs are more fun, I’m just saying…
One thing is for sure, this will be the only man on the planet who’ll be able to call his wife a ‘bitch’ and get away with it…
Go here to read the story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21768663/

1 comment:
I love how it's acceptable in that country to marry an animal, but probably not okay to marry someone of the same sex. Makes a ton of sense to me....
I wish we could marry dogs in the U.S. I'd totally find myself a devoted, handsome and cuddly male that would be loyal and obedient for the rest of our life together. Probably would be easier for me to find that than a real man!
Post a Comment